PRASHAR LAKE TREK - SHORT WEEKEND GETAWAY
A walk around the lake gives a mystical experience of calmness of the surroundings. A visit to Parashar is a perfect blend of spiritual journey and exploring into the serene and beautiful Himalayan mountains. Several camping sites are also located here and it is the base for numerous easy & hard treks. A short weekend getaway from your busy life routine.
1. Wearing layers is the mantra in the mountains. Layers give you maximum protection from all elements. You will need at least 5 warm layers (Insulin layers). You will need at least 1 pair of inner thermals, 2 light fleece layers, 1 light sweater, and 1 padded jacket. Ensure your padded jacket has a hood as well. A minimum of one pair and a maximum of two pairs of trek pants should suffice for this trek. Wear one pair and carry one just in case it rains/snows. Trek pants with zippered cut offs at the thighs are very suitable for treks. Also, choose quick-dry pants over cotton
Sunglasses - Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness. A small overexposure to direct sunlight on snow can lead to snow blindness (about a half hour’s exposure). That’s because fallen snow is like thousands of mirrors that reflect direct UV rays. So you need sunglasses with UV protection.
Buying Tip: Try getting sunglasses that wrap around instead of those that have openings on the side. Even peripheral UV ray exposure is not a good idea.
2. Sun Cap
3. Synthetic Hand Gloves - Get synthetic hand gloves that have waterproofing on the outside and a padded lining on the inside. If you find the combination difficult to get (not likely), wear a tight-fitting fleece hand glove inside a synthetic hand glove. Hand gloves are mandatory on this trek.
4. Woollen Cap - a woollen head cap that covers your head and ears is absolutely essential.
5. Socks - Apart from three to four pairs of sports socks, take a pair of woolen socks. Sports socks give you cushioning plus warmth. Again the mantra is to wear synthetic socks or at least a synthetic blend. Cotton socks soak in water and sweat. They are very hard to dry. As for woolen socks, they help you to keep warm and snug in the night. If you cannot get woolen socks, wearing two sports socks serves the purpose as well.
7. Thermos for water
8. Medication (As per medical conditions if any and is subscribed by a doctor)
9.Extra cover for your electronic gear items/Valuables.
10. Quick Dry Towel/Towel
12. A tiffin box with a spoon for packed lunch, we try reduced usage of plastic/paper as much as possible
13. Poncho/Rain Cover
14. Do not leave plastic wrappers(chips,chocolates etc) behind while on Trek and yes! don't forget your "Mask" of course!
By train: The nearest railway station is at New Delhi Station. From there you can hire a cab to Majnu Ka Tila. Your trip to Manali starts from here.
By road: Hire a cab or you can ride any vehicle to Majnu Ka Tila. From here we will pick you up for your entralling journey ahead.
By air: From Indira Gandhi Delhi International airport, hire a cab to reach Majnu Ka Tila. Your trip to Manali starts from here.
In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment 24 hours prior to Departure.
Please note that the room/s and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
Prashar is known for Prashar lake, sloppy meadows, dense forest and the panoramic view of snow clad ranges of Dhauladhar. The “Prashar Lake” which has perimeter of about 300 mtr. is decorated by a floating island in it. Its crystal clear water adds to the charm of this scenic spot.
The Prashar Lake's depth has never been recorded because local beliefs prevent people from plumbing its depths, so no one really knows how deep the water is. Adding to this mystery, the island floats across the lake and changes its position around the year- the reason for which remains unknown.
The Prashar Lake trek distance is about 5 kilometres from the Prashar Lake trek starting point at Baggi village. The Prashar Lake trek difficulty level is easy and you only need a basic level of fitness to complete this trek.
Bhuntar Airport is the nearest airport from Mandi. It is located about 60km away in Kullu. The airport connects to Delhi and Chandigarh. There are buses and taxi services to Mandi that are available at the airport.
Prashar Lake trek is an untouched beauty in the Himalayan state of Himachal Pradesh.
In the month of December, the lake receives its first snowfall and the temperature ranges between 0 to -4 degrees celsius.
The distance between Delhi and Prashar Lake is 345 km. The road distance is 476.9 km.
In Summer, it mostly remains pleasant from the months of April till June. Monsoon arrives in July and August and the entire region receives moderate to heavy rainfall each year. During Winter, the lake freezes partially if not entirely and the temperature drops several degrees below zero.
The distance of Prashar Lake from Mandi is just 50km and takes around two hours to reach.
Our rooms are on double, triple, and quad sharing basis. (Offers are subject to availability.)
Yes. Depending on availability. For pricing information on the single occupancy accommodation, kindly contact us on 8010000205.
YES, If you want us to design a customized itinerary for you and your family/friends, reach out to us at email@example.com or Call us at 8010000205.
Next Upcoming On
Friday - June 2, 2023
Need Help? Directly Contact Host