The town of Mcleodganj, Himachal Pradesh is famous especially and foremostly for being a spiritual getaway and pilgrimage for the Buddhists. The reason behind that is it is home to the 14th Dalai Lama of the Buddhists, Lama Tenzin Gyatso, who came here in the year of 1960 after his exile from Tibet. And Bir Billing is a place which is splurged with monasteries displaying the Tibetan culture and its influence on the place and its people. This will be your perfect getaway to some serene beauty.
Reach at Delhi by early morning
1. Wearing layers is the mantra in the mountains. Layers give you maximum protection from all elements. You will need at least 5 warm layers (Insulin layers). You will need at least 1 pair of inner thermals, 2 light fleece layers, 1 light sweater, and 1 padded jacket. Ensure your padded jacket has a hood as well. A minimum of one pair and a maximum of two pairs of trek pants should suffice for this trek. Wear one pair and carry one just in case it rains/snows. Trek pants with zippered cut offs at the thighs are very suitable for treks. Also, choose quick-dry pants over cotton
Sunglasses - Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness. A small overexposure to direct sunlight on snow can lead to snow blindness (about a half hour’s exposure). That’s because fallen snow is like thousands of mirrors that reflect direct UV rays. So you need sunglasses with UV protection.
Buying Tip: Try getting sunglasses that wrap around instead of those that have openings on the side. Even peripheral UV ray exposure is not a good idea.
2. Sun Cap
3. Synthetic Hand Gloves - Get synthetic hand gloves that have waterproofing on the outside and a padded lining on the inside. If you find the combination difficult to get (not likely), wear a tight-fitting fleece hand glove inside a synthetic hand glove. Hand gloves are mandatory on this trek.
4. Woollen Cap - a woollen head cap that covers your head and ears is absolutely essential.
5. Socks - Apart from three to four pairs of sports socks, take a pair of woolen socks. Sports socks give you cushioning plus warmth. Again the mantra is to wear synthetic socks or at least a synthetic blend. Cotton socks soak in water and sweat. They are very hard to dry. As for woolen socks, they help you to keep warm and snug in the night. If you cannot get woolen socks, wearing two sports socks serves the purpose as well.
7. Thermos for water
8. Medication (As per medical conditions if any and is subscribed by a doctor)
9.Extra cover for your electronic gear items/Valuables.
10. Quick Dry Towel/Towel
12. A tiffin box with a spoon for packed lunch, we try reduced usage of plastic/paper as much as possible
13. Poncho/Rain Cover
14. Do not leave plastic wrappers(chips,chocolates etc) behind while on Trek and yes! don't forget your "Mask" of course!
By train: The nearest railway station is at New Delhi Station. From there you can hire a cab to Majnu Ka Tila. Your trip to Manali starts from here.
By road: Hire a cab or you can ride any vehicle to Majnu Ka Tila. From here we will pick you up for your entralling journey ahead.
By air: From Indira Gandhi Delhi International airport, hire a cab to reach Majnu Ka Tila. Your trip to Manali starts from here.
In keeping with Government regulations, we request all guests (on single/double/triple occupancy) to carry a photo identity to present on check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their valid passport and visa. Indian nationals can present any government issued photo identity address proof card e.g. driving license, passport, Aadhar card or voter’s ID card. PAN Card will not be accepted as the above. Also do keep handy proof of corporate affiliations, if you have made a corporate booking.
The Government of India has introduced a ‘no smoking’ rule for hotels, restaurants and all public places. This means smoking is prohibited in all parts of the campsite except in designated areas.
50% payment at the time of Confirmation. Balance payment 24 hours prior to Departure.
Please note that the room/s and the rate will be confirmed subject to availability, at the time of receipt of the advance deposit details.
Popular for being the sanctuary of The Dalai Lama, the Tsug la Khang is the core essence of Mcleodganj. It comprises the Namgyal Monastery and also several shrine rooms in its compound. There are statues of Buddha, Chenrezig and Guru Rinpoche in these shrines.
March to June is the season of summers when the temperature ranges from 22°C to 38°C.
Dhauladhar peak from Mcleodganj.
At a distance of 2 km from McLeod Ganj Bus Stand and 4 km from Dharamshala, Tsuglagkhang Monastery is the most important Buddhist Monastery situated in McLeod Ganj suburb of Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh. Tsuglag Khang, also known as Dalai Lama's Temple complex, is the home for His Holiness Dalai Lama.
Bir is a village located in the west of Joginder Nagar Valley in the state of Himachal Pradesh in northern India. Mostly referred as “Paragliding Capital of India”, Bir is also a noted centre for ecotourism, spiritual studies and meditation.
There is a weight limit for paragliding in Bir Billing and the criteria is that you have to weigh between 15 kgs to 95 kgs.
The 14 km distance from Bir to Billing is actually a road hew out of the rock face in 1962. The distance can only be covered either by foot or a jeep.
Paragliding is open in Bir Billing along with other adventure activities. Flight time of Paragliding is 15 to 20 minutes. Climate is cold, with temperatures from 5 to 25 degrees centigrade in winter and 25 to 30 centigrade in the summer season. Launch site of paragliding at 8020 feet from sea level.
Generally, any time of the day is a good time to fly. Nevertheless, we recommend starting in the morning. The best time of the day to fly during autumn and winter would be between 10:30 am. and 17:00 pm.
Bir Billing is located at the altitude of 5000 feets (Bir) and 8000 feets (Billing) from sea level. Bir experience very low snowfall and Billing experience heavy snow fall sometime 3-4 feet snow fall happens. And trek beyond Billing can also experience very heavy snowfall.
Paragliding, Camping, Trekking, Hang Gliding, Mountain Biking, Shopping at Bir Bazaar, Walking by Bir River, Travelling by Toy Train, Visiting Bangoru Waterfall, Deer Park Institute, Experience Spa With Arya Marga, Explore the Cafes of Bir, Worship at Chokling Monastery and many more.
Located at a height of 1,457 masl amidst the Dhauladhar mountain range in Kangra valley, it is one of the highest sports grounds in the world.
Dharamshala stadium boundary length is 70 yards on all sides. Midwicket to Midwicket length at the Dharamshala stadium is 140 yards. Sightscreen to sightscreen length is 120 yards.
Our rooms are on double, triple, and quad sharing basis. (Offers are subject to availability.)
Yes. Depending on availability. For pricing information on the single occupancy accommodation, kindly contact us on 8010000205.
YES, If you want us to design a customized itinerary for you and your family/friends, reach out to us at email@example.com or Call us at 8010000205.
Next Upcoming On
Friday - June 2, 2023
Need Help? Directly Contact Host