All About It
- 5 Days 4 Nights
- 16 Slots
- Difficulty - Moderate
- Best Season - Winter (Nov, Dec, Jan)
In the laps of the mighty Himalayas in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand lie the epitome of adventure and mystic - Chandrashila and Auli. At an elevation of approximately 13,000 feet above sea level, the Chandrashila Summit is undisputedly one of the most sought-after treks in Uttarakhand. With easy accessibility, it draws trekkers, photographers (Insta-worthy shots guaranteed!), tourists, wanderers, history enthusiasts, bird watchers or simply someone who is just searching for peace, tranquility and rejuvenation. During winters the snow turns the pathway into something unreal. The Tungnath temple of Panch Kedar, in particular, offers a mesmerizing panoramic view of the majestic Himalayan peaks like Nanda Devi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba during a clear sky day. Adding Cherry to the Top is ‘Auli’ - A paradise on earth. It is a man-made ski ground and popular “Skiing” spot in India. Locally people call it “Auli Bugyal” i.e., meadows. Thousands of visitors every year visit Auli for many activities and nearby attractions. In Auli, one can enjoy panoramic views of lofty Himalayas. Auli looks more astounding in winters because of snow-covered landscapes. Well, we suggest you why not just visit us and decide for yourself.
This soulful Chopta-Auli tour traces the path from Joshimath - Auli - Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila, Sari-Deoriatal. Each place is like the extra layer of frosting to the cake, and it is the most magical adventure.
So, strap up your bags to join the most extraordinary Auli Chopta trip with an extremely passionate group of people! It will most likely emerge as a perfect start to your lifelong tryst with the Himalayas.
Traveller / Ertiga / Dzire / Similar
The journey starts from Haridwar. Time is of the essence in any experience. Joshimath is around 272 km away and takes approximately 8 hours to reach. Route -We make our way through Rishikesh, Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag, before reaching Joshinmath. The estimated arrival time is around lunch. Long journeys can be exhausting for some, hence this fairly early arrival gives you time to relax and rejuvenate, and for those not too tired from the journey it is a picturesque location, an eye candy for the shutterbugs. You can go around the market and explore the cute little shops around, famous sightseeing points – Kalpavriksha, Narsingh Temple, Shankarcharya Math. Early to bed and early to rise is definitely what we prefer. We advise our travellers to get proper rest before we get up, close, and personal with Auli also known famously as the winter adventure capital of India the following day.
Traveler / Ertiga / Dzire / Similar
Wake up and hop in the vehicle, in 15 mins we will reach and begin with the much-awaited Auli tour. Get ready for adventurous activities including Skiing, cable car, gondola rides, Artificial Lake, Gorson Bugyal (weather dependent) and so much more. Post spending the day at Auli later in the evening head back to Joshimath to retire for the day.
Traveler / Ertiga / Dzire / Similar
Say bye to Joshimath and start driving towards Chopta.On the way watch the beautiful Sangam of rivers at Rudraprayag. Reach Chopta early in the evening. You can go around the campsite and explore the trails around. The forests around here appear like those straight out of a movie. Early to bed and early to rise is definitely what we prefer. We advise our travellers to get proper rest before we get up, close and personal with Chandrashila also known lovingly as the Moonpeak the following day.
(Packed Lunch / Evening Tea)
Up, Uppity Up! As we gear up for the most enthralling day of the Deoriatal Chopta Chandrashila trek we attempt to climb the summit which is one of the most captivating and unparalleled of any summits that you might have witnessed. (If the weather gods permit). This reminds us there are various legends associated with this place. According to a popular folklore, this is the place where lord Rama meditated after defeating the demon-king Ravana. Another legend says that moon-god Chandra spent time here in penance. The trek from Chopta to Tungnath is approximately 3 km in distance and a further ascend of 1.5 km steep ascend leads to the summit of Chandrashila. The trail till Tungnath from Chopta is a well paved cemented trail and further from Tungnath to Chandrashila, the trail becomes a little rickety.
For those who are ardent lovers of history - The Tungnath Temple is one of the Panch Kedar temples and is considered the highest temple of Lord Shiva in the world. The legend states that sage Vyas Rishi advised the Pandavas that since they were responsible for killing their own kin the Kauravas during the Kurukshetra war in Mahabharat, their act could be pardoned only by Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva being miffed with Pandavas disguised himself as a bull. Parts of this bull appeared in 5 different places, each of these identified as a Panch Kedar. The Pandavas built temples at each of these locations to seek penance, worship, blessings and pardon from Lord Shiva. Tungnath is identified as the place where the hands were seen. The trek is pleasant but is a very steep climb. It ascends sharply towards the end.
You can also notice a change in the landscape due to an increase in the altitude. The tree line ends before Tungnath temple and after that, you may find only shrubs. It normally takes around 3 hours to reach the Tunganth temple from Chopta and another 1 hour to reach the Chandrashila summit from the temple. Once at the top of the peak, you get a panoramic view of the mountains of Garhwal and Kumaon. The Chandrashila Peak is at an altitude of 4000 meters above sea level. It offers perfect panoramic views of remarkable peaks of Uttarakhand such as Kedarnath, Mandani, Chaukhamba, Nanda Devi, Nanda Ghunti, Hathi, Ghodi, etc.
After capturing some beautiful shots at the summit, the trek back to Chopta is via the same route taken while ascending. It takes approx. 30 minutes to reach Tungnath and another 60 -90 minutes to reach Chopta from Tungnath.
Traveler / Ertiga / Dzire / Similar
Stay Not Included
Bidding farewell to Chopta we drive back from Chopta to Haridwar, bid our goodbyes to our new friends, and fall back into the comfort of our home with all the beautiful memories from the trip. You can book a return journey post 8 pm.
- 2 Nights’ accommodation in Swiss Camps in Chopta
- 2 Night’s Accommodations in Hotel in Joshimath
- Meals (All Veg):
- Chopta 5 Meals in total – 1 Packed Lunch (on trekking day), 2 Dinners, 2 Breakfast)
- Joshimath (4 Meals in total - 2 Dinners, 2 Breakfast)
- Trekking guide for Tungnath Chandrashila trekking.
- Exclusive Non-AC Vehicle dedicated for the Group during the entire Tour
- Vehicle type: Tempo Traveller / Ertiga / Bolero / Sumo / Swift Desire or similar
- Driver Allowances, toll taxes, parking, state taxes.
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Any additional expenses such as of personal nature/excursions/medical exigency not mentioned in the inclusions (skiing, gondola ride, cable ride etc).
- Forest Entry Fees.
- Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delayed travel.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
- Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from which is outside the itinerary.
- Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
- Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
- In case there is a road blockage due to heavy snowfall, the tempo traveller /car might not be able to travel further. In those cases, 4X4 would need to be booked thereon. That would be chargeable and the cost would be split and paid by the guests.
Things to Carry
- Clothing - including thermal pants and shirts, a pair of woollen gloves, woollen and sun caps, 3 pairs of woollen socks, a woollen scarf, thick jackets, etc.
- At least 1 litres of bottled water and instant food like cookies and cakes.
- Necessary toiletries like hand sanitizers, towels, napkins, etc.
- Extra plastic bags
- Sunglasses and lip balms.
- Waterproof rucksack and rain cover for rucksack.
- Medical kit, including any prescribed medicines
- Torch with fresh batteries
- Relevant trekking and camping gear like trekking shoes, trekking backpack, trekking poles, etc.
- Power Bank
- Extra Pair of Slipper/Shoes
- Tiffin Box for pack lunch(If opted)
- Medication( if any prescribed by doctor)
- Booking Amount is non refundable.
- If the guest doesn't show up the complete booking will be non-refundable or if they choose to check-out early.
- No cancellations will be taken over the call or WhatsApp message. Please reply to the email of email confirmation that you have received at the time of booking regarding the cancellation.
- There would be no refund provided in case some problems occur due to government orders, harsh weather conditions, protests, landslides, or any other unforeseen circumstances. On the occasion of any such happenings, we have a backup plan ready most of the time and we'll be moving onto that. There are times when we would have to cancel some activities mentioned in the itinerary but it's only due to the reason that we would be bound by a circumstance that is not in our control.
- If a trek/trip is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.) then the participants would be provided with a travel voucher for the same amount that can be used within 365 days of the issuance date for any package worth the same amount. (Subject to availability)
- If a trek/trip has to be aborted midway due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.). In that case, no refund would be provided.
- Travelmite will not bear any extra expense due to any natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, bandh, etc.).